Gaviscon Double Action brings long lasting relief from the pain and discomfort of heartburn and acid indigestion
- For the relief of heartburn and acid indigestion
- Soothes and protects
- Neutralizes acid
- Suppresses gastric reflux
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Difficulties swallowing
- Fluid in the back of the throat
Dosage and Warnings
- For oral administration. Shake well before use.
Adults and children over 12 years: 10-20ml after meals and at bedtime.
Children under 12 years: not recommended except on medical advice.
Elderly: No dosage modification in this group.
If symptoms do not improve after three days, consult your doctor.
- Each 10ml dose contains 127.25mg (5.53mmol) of sodium. As congestive cardiac failure may result from excessive sodium absorption, Gaviscon Double Action Liquid should be administered with caution to patients on a highly restricted salt diet.
- Each 10ml dose contains 130mg (3.25mmol) of calcium. Care needs to be taken in treating patients with hypercalcaemia, nephrocalcinosis and recurrent calcium containing renal calculi.
- Problems with taking Gaviscon Double Action Liquid during pregnancy and lactation have not been documented.
It contains Sodium and Calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts, please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- Sodium Alginate 500mg
- Sodium Bicarbonate 213mg
- Calcium Carbonate 325mg
Get up and go without the worry
Or perhaps it happens often, and you worry about it happening every day? Experiencing morning indigestion may be partly due to the fact that you have been lying down for a few hours.
Double Action works
Gaviscon Double Action Liquid is a viscous, opaque, off-white to cream suspension. It belongs to a group of medicines called “reflux suppressants”, which form a protective layer on top of the stomach contents to prevent stomach acid escaping from the stomach where it works into the food pipe causing pain and discomfort.